Looking back, 2023 has proven itself to be one of the most successful years for the museum in this post-COVID world. This success can largely be attributed to the sustained backing of our members and supporters.
Significant milestones for the museum this past year include the unveiling of one of our most ambitious projects to date, “Nuestra Voz: The Chihuahua Hill Story,” an immersive exhibit that chronicles the neighborhood’s rich history. We also revamped the Silver City Museum Society’s website, making it more user-friendly and informative. Our fundraising efforts were met with great success, thanks to events like the Territorial Charter Ball, Diamonds and Denim Ball, and quarterly BINGO games conducted by the Society’s Fundraising Committee.
Our team expanded with new staff members filling the roles of Youth and Family Educator, Volunteer Coordinator, Exhibits Manager, and Administrative Support. Lastly, we strengthened existing partnerships with LULAC and WILL, while forging new alliances with numerous regional organizations and businesses.
As we look to 2024, we have ambitious plans to continue to grow and serve our community.
With your help, we will:
- Transform Nuestra Voz: The Chihuahua Hill Story into a permanent exhibit on the second floor of the museum, so that we can continue to share the stories of this important community
- Continue our collaboration with the Silver Consolidated School District to provide regional historical curriculum in addition to hosting every 4th grade in the district and others
- Improve our attendance tracking through the utilization of new technology
- Expand our bookstore as official local bookstore of choice for WNMU’s Mimbres Press
- Publish a new book entitled “Unpacking Silver City” with Mimbres Press
Your support plays an absolutely necessary role in advancing our mission and vision. By helping us reach our goal of $10,000 you will help to secure the Museum’s place in the community for years to come.
Contribute to the Annual Appeal today by following the link below: